Tuesday, February 7, 2012

February 30-Day Challenge: 6th & 7th Daily Photo

My first slip up of the year… I forgot to post a photo yesterday.  I remembered at about 11pm, but then I honestly felt like it would be cheating to just take some random photo and post it with no real forethought.

So I’m doubling up today to make up for it!  As my mum would say, if you fall off the horse, you have to get back on.

First up, today is the Hindu festival of Thaipusum.  This unique festival celebrates Murugun (a deity) vanquishing of an evil demon with a spear and is enacted by devotees shaving their heads and undertaking a pilgrammage along a set route whiles carrying a burden as an offering to Murugun.  The burdens are as simple as a small pot, or as elaborate as multiple body piercing (for example a spear through the cheeks and tongue).  The greater the pain, the greater the burden, the greater the offering.

Note the individual hooks on each piece of fruit



Second;y, my favourite view in Singapore is from the balcony at Nassim Road.  Not only is it a fantastic view right down Orchard Road, but it’s the scene of many a BBQ, glass of champagne, or casual evening.  I’m definitely going to miss it when Kathy and Rob leave.






Have you managed every day so far?  Good on you if you have.  If you're like me, it's time to get back on that horse!

Have no idea what I'm talking about?  Check out my year of challenges here.

No comments:

Post a Comment