Sunday, February 5, 2012

February 30-Day Challenge: 5th Daily Photo

It's not every day that your morning run takes you passed lions, elephants and giraffes, and it's certainly not every day that you get a full on trumpet of encouragement in the first kilometer of your race.  Fortunately for me, this morning was one of those days as I was running the Singapore Zoo 12km race to raise money for the orangutans.

My support crew

I had to stop and snap a few quick pics from my iPhone (hence the quality), but I wasn't the only one.  Hundreds of people were running with their DSLRs, seemingly content to run between enclosures, shooting all the while.  I passed two gentlemen striving for a more authentic photo - one running on the spot in front of the rhino while the other took the picture, and then swapping.  I can understand why though - at that early hour of the morning all the animals were out and active - lions, elephants, giraffes, rhinos, hyenas, pygmy hippos... it was so distracting that 12km was gone before I knew it... well, almost.


Breakfast on Pride Rock

2 comments:

  1. Well done you Becs! 12k is a fabulous achievement!! Our lovely Martine would have been very proud of you...as am I!! Oh and yes the elephants are cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rach! Running wasn't at all painful because I was too busy gazing at the animals. Or maybe I'm just getting fitter... nope, I'm pretty sure it was the animals :-)

      Delete