Friday, February 17, 2012

February 30-Day Challenge: 17th Daily Photo

Digital is brilliant and has made photography so much more accessible, but it has been the kiss of death for the photo album.

Last year I decided that it was time to bring back the album - not the photo book, but the proper print-and-stick-it-in variety. To help my inclination towards procrastination I decided to start from that day and curate two albums - one from that moment onwards, and the other to go backwards in time for when ever I had the energy and time to print and stick. So far we have two fabulous years covered and I love it! Flicking through the black pages and labeling with my white pen is so satisfying. Laying all the photos out on the kitchen table and finding the best combinations to tell the story of each of our trips - I really feel like I'm creating something special.

After our Christmas /New Year trip to North Vietnam, I made an album for Mum and Dad. Having just given it to them last night, I thought I'd share a few pictures (of the pictures).

If you've always been put off by the thought of the mountainous task in front of you, try my approach and pull it together in bite sized chunks.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment